Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Goson


Doing a Cheer search always brings me happiness ^_^ For some reason, today I was searching Cheer again *_^ and the 108music site came up. From what I've read so far, 108music (Taiwan) is made up of two artists - Goson and Emerson - who are college friends (they're still in college). And "108" is just an old dormitory number for them. I find it cute that Emerson does all the song arrangement/recording/producing for Goson's albums, and vice versa :o)

Since Goson's 2nd album is available for download at 180music, I immediately grabbed it ^_^
The reason this site came up during the search is probably because on Goson's 2nd album, he has a song called "Cheer Chen." It's actually a very short "practice" song, but I still enjoy it very much. (both Goson & Emerson likes Cheer Chen's music) Goson's 2nd album "The weather will be fine" is definitely not perfect (considering that he is a very independent artist w/ no label & limited resources-almost like me singing & making an album, although that wouldn't turn out so well *_*). However, I really enjoy the simplicity and pureness of the album. It has a refreshing, relaxing, "Taiwan" feel to it. Go get it now!

http://www.ectalk.net/108/

Sample Song: 2100

In "2100" Goson sings about a dysfunctional cellphone. The lyrics cracks me up ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Azchael of Rockinchina.com . You have a very good blog about Asian music here and I wanted to ask you if you would like to help us at rockinchina.com?

Both Yang and me are always looking for people like you with a good knowledge about Chinese music (especially as Yang and me do not know too much about Pop or Pop Rock music).

Could you drop me an email at mlvonschaper@yahoo.de ?

Rock on!!!

Azchael